As the global energy capital, Houston is positioned to lead the transition to an energy abundant, low-carbon future with its technical workforce, assets and infrastructure, corporate resources, and century of experience powering the world.
Unleashing U.S. LNG and replacing international coal with American natural gas is the largest green initiative on the planet and the world's best weapon to address climate change.
Michael Skelly is a renewable energy entrepreneur and pioneer in the US wind industry. Skelly is the founder and CEO of Grid United, an early stage transmission development company. Michael was previously the founder and president of Clean Line Energy, a company that successfully permitted some of the longest transmission lines in the U.S. in the last 50 years.
Conner Prochaska is the Chief of Strategic Partnerships at Bohr Quantum Technologies, developing and deploying technologies for the emerging quantum internet. In 2018, Conner was appointed the first Chief Commercialization Officer for the Department of Energy. In this role, he also served as Director of the Office of Technology Transitions (OTT), the Secretary’s primary technology transitions advisor, and was responsible for coordination of all commercialization activities across DOE, the 17 National Laboratories, and the Department’s other research and national security production facilities.
Is the IRA a major catalyst for advancing energy tech and manufacturing in the United States?
• Michael Reed, DOE
• Jason Modglin, President of TAEP
• Kyle Wiley, Founding Partner, Connector Labs
• Deanna Zhang, Founder of ETM Advisors
The rapid advancement of technology has moved space colonization a few steps closer to becoming a reality.
But first, we need energy to be able to colonize.
• Tim Kopra, President at OneWeb Technologies, Advisor at Blue Bear Capital
• John Gibson, CEO of Flotek Industries
Building a startup is hard. Building an energy tech startup is even harder. Listen as these speakers talk about the ups and downs of building a company from scratch.
• Jeremiah Henson, Co-founder and VP of Engage
• Sidd Gupta, Co-founder and CEO of Nesh
• Moji Karimi, Co-founder and CEO of Cemvita Factory, Inc.
• Jason Roe, President and CEO of EcoVapor Recovery Systems
• Justin Gauthier, Founder of Wicked Energy
In honor of the 2022 World Cup starting in November, we wanted to bring the same fun and competition to our pitch competition. Just like the World Cup, the winner takes all the glory…and prize money!
Michael Reed is the Director of the Technical and Project Management Division (TPMD) for the Department of Energy’s Loan Programs Office (LPO). In this role, he provides technical management and performance monitoring of LPO’s $30 billion portfolio of clean energy projects. This portfolio includes projects in renewable energy and energy efficiency, advanced technology vehicle manufacturing, advanced fossil, nuclear, and related transmission infrastructure. Mr. Reed also oversees the technology evaluations of new applications submitted under open LPO solicitations.
Hydrogen production has historically had many obstacles, but according to Hydrogen Insights Updates, by 2030, the hydrogen economy could be worth $500 billion.
Learn how these hydrogen experts are creating the fuel of our future.
• Moji Karimi, Co-founder and CEO at Cemvita Factory
• Nikhil Ati, Partner at McKinsey & Company
• Lara Cottingham, Chief of Staff, Greentown Labs
When it comes to investing, if you can't see the future, then you're stuck in the past. A new generation of investors are doing just that - looking at the winds of innovation. But what kinds of companies are investors looking to fund?
• Elizabeth DeStephens, CSSO, Black Knight Energy LLC
• Nancy Zakhour, Associate, Energy & Power, Piper Sandler
• Eric Rubenstein, Managing Partner at New Climate Ventures
• Joey Bernica, Investment Principal, OGCI Climate Investments
Artificial intelligence is all of a sudden the hottest topic in the energy industry…again. Excitement about the possibility of AI has been brewing for more than 20 years, but it wasn't until recently that people started to take it seriously — and even now, people remain divided on whether or not AI will be able to live up to its hype.
• Reishin Toolsi, Senior Solutions Architect, Databricks
• Garrett Fultz, SMD - Global Lead Asset Lifecycle Management, FTI Consulting
• Reynaldo Gomez, Energy Partner Ecosystem Manager, NVIDIA
• Andrew Hinz, South Central Regional Manager, Stratus Technologies
• Jason Ethier, Senior Director of Membership, Greentown Labs
The world is facing an energy problem. As the population rises, the demand for energy we use is growing, however, our global energy supply is not keeping up. While fossil fuels have been burned for decades, they are finite resources. What will happen to energy in the next decade?
• Jennifer Gallegos, Director of Strategic Sales & Communications, Yotta Energy
• Neal Dikeman, Partner, Energy Transition Ventures
• Lara Cottingham, Chief of Staff, Greentown Labs