In this episode of the energy technology podcast, we sit down with Manas Patak, the CEO and co-founder of EarthEn. Dive into a conversation about the innovative thermo-mechanical energy storage solution EarthEn offers, its potential impact on the energy sector, and the company’s journey and future plans.
- Manas introduces EarthEn, a company specializing in thermo-mechanical energy storage using supercritical CO2.
- Their technology offers a compact, safe, and cost-effective solution for long-duration energy storage.
- The unique use of supercritical CO2, which behaves both as a liquid and gas, is central to EarthEn’s technology.
- This approach is reminiscent of compressed air energy storage (CAES) but leverages CO2 for superior performance.
- EarthEn’s innovative approach allows for the augmentation of pipelines, turning them into energy storage assets.
- The company targets a diverse range of customer segments, from utility-scale energy storage to commercial-industrial spaces.
- Manas shares EarthEn’s funding journey, including securing DOE grants and other awards and their future financing plans
- With plans to launch their first commercial product by 2026-2027, EarthEn is on a mission to democratize access to clean energy globally.
Connect with Manas: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pathakmanas/
Learn more about EarthEn: https://www.earthen.energy/