In this episode of the Energy Tech Startups Podcast, we sit down with Arsheen Allam, the founder and CEO of GOLeafe. With a background in material science and engineering, Arsheen has made significant strides in the world of nanotechnology, particularly with graphing materials. Join us as we delve into her journey, the innovations at GOLeafe, and the potential of graphene in the energy sector.
- Arsheen Allam is the Founder and CEO of GOLeafe, with a background in material science and an MBA from Duke.
- She was recognized in the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2019 for her work with graphing materials.
- GOLeafe has developed a unique process to extract graphene oxide from various carbon waste streams.
- Graphene oxide’s water-solubility makes it versatile for diverse applications.
- The company produces three to five-layer graphene oxide, focusing on practical applications.
- GOLeafe’s supercaps aim to improve grid storage, power supplies, and efficiency in electric vehicles.
- Supercaps can significantly extend battery life and improve renewable energy storage efficiency.
- Arsheen’s entrepreneurial journey began with a venture in India, leading her to pursue an MBA for business skills.
- The network and support from Duke have been pivotal in her business journey.
- Arsheen shared a glimpse of student life at Duke, including the basketball tenting tradition.