This episode of the “Oil and Gas Startups” podcast features an insightful conversation with Peter Harding, exploring the intersections of entrepreneurship, venture capital, and the energy sector.
This episode dives into:
- Peter’s background and journey from a San Francisco native to a key player in the energy sector.
- The influence of historical events like the Persian Gulf War on Peter’s interest in energy independence.
- Peter’s transition from an investment banking and venture capital background to entrepreneurship.
- The evolution of venture capital over the years, including changes in specialization and market dynamics.
- Insights into the challenges and strategies of raising venture capital, with a focus on timing and amount.
- The importance of product-market fit and the role of serendipity in startup success.
- Personal anecdotes and experiences that shaped Peter’s entrepreneurial mindset.
- The contrast between the roles of an investor and an operator in the business world.
- Peter’s perspective on the current state of venture capital and advice for aspiring entrepreneurs.